I believe that the inherent dignity and of the equal and inalienable rights of all members of the human family is the foundation of freedom, justice and peace in the world.
I believe all human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of kinship, love and tolerance.
I don't believe in distinction of any kind, such as
- race, colour, ethnicity, nationality
- sex, gender identity
- sexual orientation
- language, culture
- religion, spirituality
- political opinion
- any opinion
- origin (social, national or any other kind)
- age
- weight, size
- looks, beauty or lack of it
- disability or illness, visible or invisible, of mind or body
- property, wealth
- birth
- other status or identity

Sunday, November 15, 2020

Pro-life? Misnomer of the century


Women: "Can I have birth control?"

 
Republicans: "No."
 
Women: "I couldn't get birth control so I got pregnant. Can I have an abortion?"
 
Republicans: "No."
 
Women: "You prevented me from having an abortion so I'm carrying the fetus, but my employer won't provide reasonable accommodations and is threatening to fire me. Would you please pass the Pregnant Workers Fairness Act?"
 
Republicans: "No"
 
Women: "I had the baby, but I'm out of work. Can I have WIC and food stamps until I get back on my feet?"
 
Republicans: "No."
 
Women: "I found a job, but it doesn't offer me insurance. Can I have government guaranteed insurance?"
 
Republicans: "No."
 
Women: "My kid got sick and I got fired because I missed time caring for him. Can I get unemployment?"
 
Republicans: "No."
 
Women: "I'm having a hard time getting my kid from school consistently. Can we fund after-school programs?"
 
Republicans: "No."
 
Women: “I'm prepared to work to support my family. Can you make sure that a full-time job's minimum wage is enough to do that?”
 
Republicans: "No."
 
Republicans: "What's the matter with you and your family, that working two jobs can't lift you out of poverty? And what kind of a mother are you, letting someone else watch your child while you work? If your child doesn't do well in school or gets in trouble, it's entirely your fault. You shouldn't have had a child if you weren't prepared to take care of them."
 

 
A response:
 
Be responsible wrap it up take advantage of all the free birth control and don’t get pregnant then your point is over.

Why is it my responsibility from preventing your woman from getting knocked up?

Why am I on the hook for all of your poor life choices?

I play by the rules and you do not, yet you feel it’s me that should provide for you. What if I’m scraping by yet you have no trouble taking the food off of my table..How liberal of you.

Perhaps if you actually stayed in school or did a half way decent job while working you would make more than the minimum wage.

Since when did the magical figure of 15 dollars an hour provide you with a house, a car, and food on the table? It does not. 


Yep. "don't get pregnant".
 
I won't if you see that I won't get raped.
What do the Republicans say about rape?
That no girls get raped by their fathers, brothers, cousins, uncles... 
That men consider it normal to use the condom
and know how to do it




Educate yourself about the birth control issues. BTW, one of the things Planned Parenthood does, more than abortions. 
 


"Why am I on the hook for all of your poor life choices?"
 
Frankly, if that is your response, then the problem here is me being pregnant, giving birth, and being a mother. Which makes being pregnant, giving birth, and being a mother "poor life choices".
Which means that abortion is a good life choice.
Which you do your uttermost to ban...
Which means that you are on the hook for "all of my poor life choices", because you are forcing them upon me.
 
USA has a progressive tax system, which means that if you are scraping by, you pay less taxes, if any. So, no, I'm not taking the food off your table.
 
Perhaps I would have stayed in school and done a half way decent job while working if you hadn't knocked me up, denied me abortion, and then fired me because I was pregnant? 
And maybe it would help me if I, a woman, got the same start pay as you, a man, on the same merits, competence and value as a worker. Or if I was offered the same jobs as are offered to men.
 



"Since when did the magical figure of 15 dollars an hour provide you with a house, a car, and food on the table? It does not."

No, it doesn't. Yet Republicans refuse to raise it. Not even to 15 dollars. Which means that people who are willing to work, but can't get any other jobs, can't support themselves with their work.
Why is that your problem? Because you think it's OK employers don't pay their employees for the work they do. Because you think it's OK that people can't work to support themselves. Because you think it's fine poor people do 2-3 or even more jobs and STILL can't support themselves. Because you keep voting for people who don't care about anyone but themselves and you. Because you aren't poor, you just whine about needing to pay taxes, to pay for poverty you helped create.


No comments: